HERE'S THE "TAG" TO START OFF THE FUN!
1. Western movies or western TV shows?
2. Funny westerns or dramatic westerns?
3. Westerns that focus on loners or westerns that focus on families?
4. Male-centric westerns or female-centric westerns?
5. 1930s to 1960s westerns or 1970s to 2020s westerns?
I'm a 1930s to 1960s gal. Let's say from Hell's Heroes to Ride the High Country and everything in between, prestige pictures or formulaic B fun for the Saturday matinee crowd.
6. Westerns that take place in America or westerns that take place internationally?
7. Family-friendly westerns or edgier westerns?
8. Straight-forward good guy or conflicted hero?
While I still admire the straight-forward heroes I grew up with, it is those conflicted fellows who hold a lot of allure for me these days.
9. Historically accurate westerns or westerns that aren't afraid to take some creative liberties?
10. Bittersweet or happily-ever-after endings?