Heidi of Along the Brandywine created the 12 Delights of Christmas Tag. I was delighted to be tagged by Rachel at Hamlette's Soliloquy as part of the spirit of the season.
On Christmas Eve the kids open their gift of pajamas and a book, so everyone is nice and cozy when we watch A Christmas Carol aka Scrooge, 1951 starring Alastair Sim.
2. Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside?
I like to be inside looking at the outside, but I find it more enjoyable if I have been outside first.
3. Tea or hot chocolate?
Generally tea, but if there is a bitterness to the cold (and isn't there always?) then it is hot chocolate time.
4. Favourite Christmas colours (e.g., white, blue, silver, blue, green, etc.)?
It's not always the same. The basic reds and greens speak to me, but sometimes I like the look of pink Victorian decor.
5. Favourite kind of Christmas cookie?
Maybe it's the kid in me, but I find sugar cookies are irresistible, especially with icing.
6. How soon before Christmas do you decorate? More specifically, when does your tree go up?
December 1st, the wreath goes on the door and the kid's decorative stockings made by their aunt when they were babies go up. Sometime during that first week, it is tree time. Last year, I switched from the green floor size to a white tabletop retaining the most sentimental of my ornaments. Framed posters (reproductions) of Christmas movies take up the stairwell or any blank spot I can find.
7. Three favourite traditional Christmas Carols.
8. A favourite popular Christmas song.
9. A favourite Christmas movie.
A Christmas Story, 1983 always makes me laugh in recognition. I wasn't a kid in the 1940s, but I was a kid who lived in my own head like Ralphie.
Three Godfathers, 1936 directed by Richard Boleslawski is my favourite telling of Peter B. Kyne's classic tale of redemption.
10. Have you ever gone caroling?
I belonged to a community choir and sharing Christmas Carols was my favourite time of the year.
11. Ice skating, sledding, skiing, or snow boarding?
I am a kluntz and could never get the hang of skating. Didn't even consider trying skiing. I was frightened by a "Goofy" cartoon. Nonetheless, I love getting knocked around on the old sled. Especially when you know hot chocolate is at the end of the line.
12. Favourite Christmas feast dish?
Last year I began adding Yorkshire Pudding to the turkey dinner and it was a hit. Why wait for roast beef?
Tagging the following, if they have the time and inclination:
1) A favorite Christmas tradition?
2) Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside?