When Dawn of Noir and Chick Flicks chose this blog among her honorees for The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award, did she know of my overwhelming admiration for strawberry shortcake? Of all the awards in all the cyberspace, what could be more appealing than that fruity, creamy, flaky goodness?
Of course there are certain provisos with being greeted by a picture of the desert to end all deserts, namely linking back to your host, sharing with and notifying 12 worthy bloggers, plus the dreaded "7 random things about me". Even though, for some reason, I'm feeling a little shy about the sharing part today, I can't help but think that bringing shortcake will mean an automatic welcome.
Bloggers, new and old, who brighten my day:
- Laura's Miscellaneous Musings
- The Great Entertainment Media Archive
- The Second Sentence
- in so many words
- Tales of the Easily Distracted
- Take Two
- Gold Hollywood
- The Ancient Pelican
- Resilient Little Muscle
- Fang Shih-yu and the "Trivia Wing" of the Shaolin Temple!
- Saddles and Spurs: The Great Westerns
- Two Through Twelve
Seven random things about Caftan Woman:
- I live by Lake Ontario.
- I spend $6 a week on the lottery. Not so much a gambler, as a dreamer.
- I'm a very sloppy eater. The friend who made my wedding dress used extra material to fashion a bib that looked like the bodice, just in case of slopped gravy.
- I get a kick out of singing Brahms.
- My childhood dreams included becoming a poet (people laughed), a police officer (too much Dragnet), and a big band singer (born too late).
- My family likes to put things I need on shelves I can't reach. They think it's funny.
- My husband claims he was tight the night he proposed and if I'd been a gentleman I'd have forgotten all about it.
Thank you for this sweet and very tasty award!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the award. You're aces!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much!ReplyDelete
So sweet! No one deserves it more than you, kiddo. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for mentioning me and thanks for my shortcake award. YUM!
You're all winners!ReplyDelete
A colorful, tangy but sweet, and well-deserved award! I always enjoy your posts. Plus, you listed some of my other fave blogs, too!ReplyDelete
Thank you for picking Saddles and Spurs: The Great Westerns, as one of your favorite blogs. Loved learning more about you. Your husbands quote was very funny. Enjoy, your strawberry shortcake award you deserve it.ReplyDelete
Dawn, thanks again to you. I didn't think you'd mind if we took an opportunity to spotlight westerns.
Mmmm...delicious! Thanks a bunch! I think you left a comment a while back on something to do with Paul Lukas, but I didn't know you were misspaddylee too :)ReplyDelete
My cover is blown! Ha Ha!
Many, many thanks for your kind recognition! I'm only sorry I couldn't thank you sooner -- have been at a convention all weekend. :)ReplyDelete
I enjoy your blog very much and am truly delighted to know you enjoy visiting my blog so well. Thank you!
Laura, your blog is a treasure and a pleasure.ReplyDelete